Terms & Conditions
Welcome to our website. Your access to and use of Chef's Play website is subject to the following terms and conditions, as well as UAE laws.
Chef's Play (from here on referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) is happy to hear from all our users (from here on referred to as ‘you’ or ‘your’) and address any questions, queries or complaints not already answered in this document. Just email us at ([email protected] Chef's Play.com) or give our customer service team a call.at 800Chef's Play-800243377529
Chef's Play provides an online platform for stores selling FMCG goods such as food, beverages and other non-food products (collectively, for simplicity we say products/items). These terms (Terms & Conditions) apply when you use the Chef's Play mobile applications or website (collectively, services/Software Applications). By using the services, you automatically agree to the Terms & Conditions.
The Chef's Play platform enables the exchange of services between individuals (user/customer) who are willing to order products on our platform from our partners (Shops) that are willing to collect and deliver the ordered products.
Your access to the Site is in consideration for your agreement to these Terms and Conditions, whether or not you are a registered user. By accessing, browsing, and using the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions.
Chef's Play maintains the right to modify these Terms and Conditions and may do so by posting notice of such modifications on this page. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any modification signifies your acceptance of such modification. You should periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions.
"Chef's Play General Trading L.L.C (Chef's Play)" maintains the https://Chef's Play.com/ website ("Site").
Using Chef's Play
By using Chef's Play, whether or not you are a registered user, you consent, agree and confirm the following:
- You agree to indemnify us and all our directors, employees and agents from any claims, actions or demands resulting from you breaching these Terms and Conditions or misusing Chef's Play.
- You agree that we are not liable, as far as we are legally able to be, for any losses resulting from:
- Your incorrect use or misuse of Chef's Play
- Unauthorized access to your transmissions or data
- The content, statements or conduct of third-party individuals (including registered Chef's Play users), organizations, whether or not they operate on Chef's Play.
- You agree that once a product is delivered by us and accepted by you, we no longer hold any liability or obligation.
- You agree that we have the right to terminate your registration on Chef's Play without providing you with a reason. This will generally only be due to a breach of these Terms & Conditions or an extended period of inactivity. We will not be held responsible for the results of our termination of your account.
- All users of Chef's Play agree that they will not use Chef's Play for their own commercial purposes unless they receive written permission from us to do this.
- You agree not to reproduce any text, images, software, graphics, sound, page layouts or designs, including trademarks, service marks and patents that appear on Chef's Play unless you have our written permission to do so.
- You agree you will not sell or charge any service fee for access to Chef's Play by any other person.
- Chef's Play reserves the right to withdraw any service, facility or product range that we currently offer our customers or will offer in the future. We also reserve the right to change the prices of any items or services.
- Chef's Play reserves the right to run advertisements and promote any product or service and allow any individual or organization to promote any product or service on Chef's Play, providing that they have our written permission.
- We do not endorse and are not responsible for the content or availability of any third-party sites which we feature links to.
- Users must register in order to make purchases on Chef's Play. By completing the registration process, you are confirming that you are 18 years old or above or using this site with the permission of your legal guardian.
- It is the responsibility of users to inform us if you become aware that anyone is using your account name and password without your permission. It is your responsibility to keep your account name and password safe as you are fully responsible for all activities that take place under your username and password.
- We will not trade with or provide any services to OFAC and sanctioned countries.
- Customer using the website who are Minor /under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
- User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his account.
Making purchases on Chef's Play
To the extent that it is legally possible for us to do this, we offer no warranty that Chef's Play will:
- Fulfill your requirements, both in terms of the product information we provide and the product itself.
- Provide you with error free information about any product or service.
- Correct any inaccuracies that we are alerted to.
As stated in our Terms of Sale, we accept no responsibility for the accurate display of product information, photographs, customer reviews, prices or delivery times. If a price is found to exceed the price stated when you agreed to the sale, we will obtain your written consent to the revised price before charging you for the item. By using Chef's Play, you are accepting our full Terms of Sale, so please read these carefully.
All customers will be charged in UAE Dirham (PayPal in USD) and differences between approximation in any foreign currency and actual billing price on the customer's credit card bill is probably attributable to different credit card companies charging different exchange rates.
If your order is cancelled after your credit/debit card has been charged, the said amount will be reversed back in your credit/debit card account. No cash disbursement shall be made under any condition whatsoever.
Visa or MasterCard debit and credit cards in AED will be accepted for payment.
Cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
You are prohibited from violating the security of the website, including, without limitation,
(a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging onto a server or an account which the user is not authorized to access;
(b) attempting to probe, scan or test the exposure of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
(c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the website, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail bombing or crashing;
(d) sending unsolicited email, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We will investigate such violations and prosecute users who are involved in such violations. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or any activity being conducted on this website. You agree, further, not to use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this website other than the search engine and search agents available from us on this website.
Access to the website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repair, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or service.
When you visit the website or send emails to the website, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the website. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
As a customer, you agree and confirm on the following:
- Should there be any problems with the product, it is the choice of the customer to contact the manufacturer's local agent or any other trained person to repair the product at the customer own responsibility or Chef's Play customer service team. All products shipped by us have gone through our own quality control checkpoints and are deemed to be functional when shipped.
- All electronic items shipped are designed to work on 220-240V. If you do not have facilities to operate on this electricity voltage, then use of the equipment is at your own risk. We will not accept back any products that have been damaged due to use with faulty electrical sources. Please check the owners’ manual before use to see if your product meets the local requirements required for safe operation.
- In the event of a non-delivery occurs on account of a mistake by you (i.e. wrong name or address or any other wrong information), any extra cost incurred by us for redelivery shall be claimed from you.
All orders are shipped out by us or supplier deliveries. Delivery is normally door-to-door but there may be instances where this is not possible due to our limitations or local laws. Delivery fees for food items and non-food items will both be applicable for one order if both types of items are included in that order.
- You will provide correct information requested from your side. We reserve the right to confirm and validate the information and other details provided by you at any point of time. If upon confirmation your details are found not to be true, we have the right, in our sole discretion to reject the registration and ban you from using the services of the website.
- That you are transacting through this website at your sole risk.
- That correct and proper address at which delivery of the product ordered by you shall be provided by you. If a recipient's address is found to be incomplete or incorrect, we may attempt to find the correct address and to complete the delivery, but we assume no responsibility for our inability to complete delivery under such circumstances. If the address is incorrect, or if delivery can't be completed, then a surcharge for extra cost will be imposed to the customer.
- That before placing an order you will check the product description carefully. By placing an order for a product, you agree to be bound by the conditions of sale included in the item's description.
Customer Service & Complaints
Chef's Play Customer Service provides information regarding any questions, issues or complaints related to the Chef's Play service. Users may contact Chef's Play via e-mail ([email protected]'s Play .com), drop a message through the app or call the customer service line (800Chef's Play-800243377529). Missing items must be reported immediately on reception of the products, otherwise products are considered to have been accepted by user as being in perfect condition. Latent defects must be reported to Chef's Play customer Service immediately after they come to light, although in these cases there are limitations of error acknowledgement.
Data collected are treated as confidential and in good faith. When registration is made, your data is collected for business and marketing purposes in the form of personal information such as last name, first name, address, email address and phone number. In addition to data explicitly entered, information is gathered automatically from the log files when you access the services interface. Chef's Play makes a distinction between master data (e.g. IP address, time and date of access) and activity data (e.g. name of file accessed, paths clicked on). For statistical purposes, this data is anonymously assessed.
By using Chef's Play services, you agree that neither Chef's Play nor its affiliates or licensors or are responsible for the fitness or conduct of any shop. neither Chef's Play nor its affiliates or licensors will be liable for any claim, injury or damage arising in connection with the acts or omissions of any shop. in the event you have a dispute with any shop, you hereby release Chef's Play and its officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and representatives from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, including without limitation attorney's fees, loss or damage of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Use of customer support is entirely your responsibility. Changes are periodically made to the software applications and may be made at any time without notice to you. the support is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Chef's Play makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the content provided through the support or the content of any software applications linked to the Chef's Play software applications. Chef's Play assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Chef's Play software applications or the support; any unauthorized access to or use of Chef's Play 's secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information therein. Chef's Play does not warrant that the software applications will operate error-free or that the software applications and its server are free of computer viruses and other harmful goods. If your use of the software applications results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Chef's Play shall not be responsible for those costs. Chef's Play, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation the warranty of merchantability, non-infringement of third-party rights and the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. Chef's Play makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the content, services, support, software, text, graphics or links. Chef's Play and its partners and licensors cannot and do not guarantee that any personal information supplied by you will not be misappropriated, intercepted, deleted, destroyed or used by others.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the federal laws of the United Arab Emirates and the local laws and regulations of the Emirate of Dubai. The Courts at Dubai shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any proceedings arising out of the Terms and Conditions.
"United Arab Emirates is our country of domicile" and stipulate that the governing law is the local law. All disputes arising in connection therewith shall be heard only by a court of competent jurisdiction in U.A.E.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that Chef's Play shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with your use of the support; the liability or fitness of any customer in connection with the performance of or browsing in the software applications/website or your links to other software applications/website from this software applications, even if Chef's Play has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You further agree that Chef's Play shall not be liable for any damages arising from interruption, suspension or termination of services, including without limitation any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, whether such interruption, suspension or termination was justified or not, negligent or intentional, inadvertent or advertent. in no event shall Chef's Play's total liability to you for any losses arising hereunder exceed the amounts paid by you to Chef's Play hereunder. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of warranties or of liability for incidental or consequential damages so some of the above limitations may not apply to you. Should a jurisdiction be averse to a limitation or exclusion of warranties, such provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and the other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
No waiver of any rights or remedies by Chef's Play shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Chef's Play. A failure by Chef's Play to exercise or enforce any rights conferred upon us by Terms & Conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver or variation of any such rights or operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof at any subsequent time or times.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Chef's Play and its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates (each, an Indemnified Party), from and against any losses, claims, actions, costs, damages, penalties, fines and expenses, including without limitation attorneys' fees and expenses, that may be incurred by an Indemnified Party arising out of, relating to or resulting from your unauthorized use of the Software Applications or from any breach by you of Terms & Conditions, including without limitation any actual or alleged violation of any Emirate or local statute, ordinance, administrative order, rule or regulation. Chef's Play shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit or proceeding and shall have the right to control the defense of such action, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
At its sole discretion, Chef's Play may modify or discontinue service, or may modify, suspend or terminate your access to service or the support, for any reason, with or without notice to you and without liability to you or any third party. In addition to suspending or terminating your access to service or the support, Chef's Play reserves the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal or injunctive redress. Even after your right to use the support is terminated, your account will remain enforceable against you. You may terminate account at any time, however Chef's Play. Chef's Play do not guarantee its termination due to technical availability. All provisions which by their nature should survive to give effect to those provisions shall survive the termination of account.
Though we make sure that the delivery of purchased products shall be delivered on time. No claim, penalties, refunds or part refund against us in case of delays in delivery or error in delivery. Although We aim to offer you the best service possible, if a fault occurs in our services you should report it immediately to the Customer Services by phone at 800Chef's Play-800243377529 and we will attempt to correct the fault within reasonable time.
The product details, information, ingredients, nutritional guides and dietary/allergy advice may change from time to time.
Therefore, we highly recommend that you read the label on the products you purchase and not rely on information provided on the website/mobile application.
Chef's Play does not represent or warrant that the information contained in this website/mobile application is accurate, complete and up to date. We are not be responsible or liable for any damages of any kind whatsoever arising out of, caused by or related to your use of this website/mobile application.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed to be superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Website sites/services/mobile application and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and us with respect to the Website sites/services/mobile application. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
[email protected], P.O Box No:69 Dubai U.A.E
Tel: 800 Chefsplay; 800 24 33 77529